Home Alone

The Holiday

RECOMMENDED COMEDIES

1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
  2. Mrs. Doubtfire
  3. Home Alone
  4. Animal House
  5. Wedding Crashers
  6. Shrek
  7. The Devil Wears Prada
  8. The Holiday

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

I just recently saw Louis Leterrier’s “The Incredible Hulk” starring Edward Norton and Liv Tyler. I walked out of the theater thinking that was a mistake. The movie was a few minutes short of two hours. Four percent of the movie was Bruce Banner (Norton) acting. One percent was Betty Ross (Tyler) acting and the other ninety-five percent was the hulk destroying Hummers and buildings, which had a minimal amount of acting and was all computer generated. I understand the importance of the action scenes because after all it is called “The Incredible Hulk”. But it wouldn’t hurt to have a story line to go along with it instead of watching: punch, explosion, kick, shoot, punch explosion, kick, shoot over and over again. Sure the first battle was interesting but after the second one, it was just a repeat of the last battle except in a different location. Besides that, throughout the second half of the movie, I found myself predicting of what would happen next. For example, when Emil Blonsky (Tim Roth) turned into the second hulk, I knew that Banner would become the other hulk. Then I predicted Blonsky and Banner would fight against each other. My prediction came true. A discovery I made about that movie was when the two hulks were battling was similar to the ending of Iron Man when the two Iron Men battling each other. There was one difference between the two endings: acting. Rating: C.

The Holiday (2006)

"The Holiday" starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black is about two women, Amanda (diaz) and Iris (Winslet) who are facing guy-issued, switching homes for two weeks. While on vacation, they both fell in love unexpectedly. When I first saw this movie, I really liked it. But when I watched it again, not too long ago, I didn't like it as much. When Amanda (Diaz) and Iris (Winslet) got their hearts broken was believable along with them switching homes for the holiday. But the part that was hard to believe and wasn't really necessary was Amanda's several million dollar mansion in Los Angeles. Iris, who was staying at the house for the majority of the movie, could have done just as well without the mansion. Iris made very few of her jokes off of Another part that I didn't like about the movie is the relationship between Amanda and Graham, which was the majority of the movie. The relationship started torwards the beginning and they finally fell in love at the end. The relationship between Iris and Miles (Black) was a lot simplier and it worked out just as well. The Holiday was a desent movie. Rating: B-.

Home Alone (1990)

Before I begin, I have to say that Home Alone is one of my personal favorites since I was eight or so. if you saw the sequal before, the first one is a little better but I still love both of them. Anyway, "Home Alone", directed by Chris Columbus, is a funny and clever movie. Throughout the movie, an eight-year-old boy (Macaulay Cuklin) is left at home by accident while his family goes on vacation in Paris. However, the boy has to come up wth clever traps to defend himself and his home from two robbers (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern). I have to admit the traps were funny yet clever. For children, this is a must-see. For others, I recommend it. Rating: A.