Week 4| courtney kennedy

When the professor showed the films on thursday, I realized that I had seen almost all of them, and I don’t even consider myself much of a giant sci-fi movie fan. Maybe I used to just see a lot more movies before I came to college and ran out of time. Regardless, Children of Men is an amazing piece of film making. Number one, the movie explores something that is deeply troubling and if it did occur today, we would all freak out I think. The fact that there will always be a gigantic number of humans is something we depend on as a species. Most times people complain about overpopulation, which is really a global epidemic. The second amazing thing about Children of Men is that it has about 18 minutes of film where there are no breaks in the camera work, its all just one long stretch of film without any breaks in it. That’s great camera work; that’s real artistry in filmmaking I believe. I’ve made movies before, and wow, it is a lot harder than you think it is. But I guess that’s why directors are paid so much. 

As far as the readings go, I had never actually read the Hippocratic Oath before, of course I was aware of the fact that doctors must say the hippocratic oath, pledging to keep patients healthy and not do any harm to them. I did not know, however, that there was a part about abortion though, which seems to me as if should be updated in some way, if the doctor does not feel that abortions are immoral. I don’t know if doctors still say that part anymore. The updated oath was quite more interesting to me, as I feel as it spoke on more values that doctors should definitely believe in, such as being able to be humble enough to ask for another doctor’s opinion on a patient’s case if the doctor is having trouble solving it. 

The one where the scientist discusses the aspect of the way the cells in the body are able to form. I found this to extremely interesting, as the ability for this person to be able to figure out that this is the was the same tension design system that was in forms of art was very creative. Geodesic domes have always been fascinating to me, the Epcot center at Disneyworld has a gigantic geodesic sphere:

This is a whole sphere, whereas most are just geodesic domes. 

I find this interesting that it is related to the human body, and just cells in general, that we can find out their exact genetic structure, and this is what makes them work the way they do.

4 Responses to “Week 4| courtney kennedy”

1. Online Article……

[...] ….. [...]……

2. Online Article……

[...] ….. [...]……

3. Look here:…

[...]you made running a blog glance[...]…

4. mangafox says:

mangafox…

mangafox,mangahere,mangakong,manga2u,Read your favorite manga online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha …