Extra Credit- Visit to the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library by Christina Cheng

My first impression of the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library was that it was very hard to find.  The first time I went there was during my freshman year.  Since I was unfamiliar with the Center for Health Sciences Building at that time, it took me a while to find the library.  Located on the ground floor of the CHS building, the biomedical library is probably a library that you are least likely to pass by when walking around UCLA.  Unlike most of the other UCLA libraries, since it is located within another building, it is quite small.  I often go there during my free time between classes, and I recently went there again to check out a book for my public health class.  As soon as I walked through the entrance of the library, there were several rows of computers and a few rows of references to the right.  It was interesting to see that a lot of the people there were actually doctors and other medical students in scrubs.  Walking pass the rows of computers, I entered an inner portion of the library that looked like a study room with couches and desks.  Usually, I would just sit at one of the desks to work on homework and wait for the next class.  However, during my recent visit, I took some time to walk around the library and look at some of the books on the shelves.  I found several books that related to this week’s topic, including Art of Medical Care and Caring and Art and Pharmacy.

Overall, I thought it was interesting to find that the library actually had works that represented the topics in our class this week.  This once again demonstrated that being in the medical field is not just about having the knowledge in science; rather, it is also about knowing the art of providing patients with care and assurance.  After all, although the biomedical library may not appear as beautiful as the Powell Library, it is definitely worth a visit if you have not been there yet.

- Christina Cheng

3 Responses to “Extra Credit- Visit to the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library by Christina Cheng”

1. auto insurance quote…

Extra Credit- Visit to the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library by Christina Cheng « DESMA9_sectionC…

2. car insurance quote…

3. mangafox says:

mangafox…

mangafox,mangahere,mangakong,manga2u,Read your favorite manga online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha …