Week 2_Extra Credit_North/South Mixer_by Adam Parker

As I was walking to the California NanoSystems Institute building for North/South campus mixer, I had no idea what to expect. I had never been to a university organized art exhibit before, let alone a mixer. As I arrived at this part of campus which I had never ventured to before, it became obvious where the mixer was being held. I entered the building and scanned my surroundings. There was an entry table with various handouts and informational pamphlets, several tall tables scattered about the room, a bar in the back containing sodas and alcoholic beverages, a buffet of different types of food lined against the wall, a main art installation, and a few informational display boards.

By the time I arrived, most of the food had already been eaten and most of the professors had left. But I did manage to grab one of the last remaining Sprites. Although I admit I was not the most social at the event, I did manage to speak to several other Art, Science & Technology students about their views on the class and the mixer. I spent most of my time wandering around and through the main art exhibit. The display was made up of several different sized white blocks incorporated with motion sensing cameras. When someone came within a certain distance of the block (roughly 1-2 feet), a speaker in the block would produce some sort of ambient sound. Although I found the exhibit to be engaging, I wish I had arrived earlier to receive a proper explanation of the display itself. All in all, the North/South mixer was a great introduction to what academic campus events have to offer and I look forward to attending the next one.

4 Responses to “Week 2_Extra Credit_North/South Mixer_by Adam Parker”

1. car insurance quote…

Week 2_Extra Credit_North/South Mixer_by Adam Parker « DESMA9_sectionC…

2. get car insurance quote online…

[...]Week 2_Extra Credit_North/South Mixer_by Adam Parker « DESMA9_sectionC[...]…

3. mangafox says:

mangafox…

mangafox,mangahere,mangakong,manga2u,Read your favorite manga online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha …

4. naruto manga read…