Extra Credit: Biomedical Library Visit by Joseph Duy Nguyen

I did the extra credit for the Biomedical Library that was given out during the fourth week. I haven’t blogged about it since I visited the library several weeks ago. Well, the process of finding the library was full of difficulties. At first I thought it was located in the Biomedical Science Research building next to the Life Science building. I walked in there and wandered around and around trying to find the biomedical library. I ended up asking several people if they know where it was located. A guy told me it is on the bottom floor of the building. I walked down there and could not locate it. Another person told me it is on the second floor. Again, I followed her directions and could not find the library. I was about to give up but then saw an older man and thought he would know. I asked him and he told me it is across the street. I followed his advice. However, the only thing I found was the botanical garden. I walked around the botanical garden for a while and still couldn’t find the library. I tried to ask a student walking by and she told me it is across the street in the factor building. I tried that and finally found the biomedical library. The whole process of trying to find the library took me around 45 minutes. What a bummer!

Well, I walked into the factor building and saw the sign that directed me to the entrance of the biomedical library. The library atmosphere was very quiet, maybe even quieter than the Powell library during the night. I walked around at first to get a feel of the library, or more like to at least grasp the layout of the library, somewhat. Well, the instant I walked through the entrance I can see the reference desk where the library staff/librarians are sitting. I walked past the reference desk and turn right to where there is a long hallway to the next room. I didn’t feel comfortable in the entrance room. The room after the long hallway has a whole bunch of people studying. I went around the shelves to look at the available books. Some of the books have very interesting titles, while others have incomprehensible titles. I ended up picking up a Cell journal and sat down to read it.

I tried to find why the trip to the biomedical library was necessary for a north campus major. The only reason I could come up with before the visit to the library was that it was relevant to the week’s topic about the human body and medicine. However, once I looked through the collection of library books I found more reasons why the library is relevant to a design media art class. There are art-related books in the library. It is more like medicine also include interdisciplinary fields, not only inclusively science fields. For example, there were the art of caring for patients and the art of medicine. Overall, I think the trip to the library was pretty interesting once I found the library.

Here is an image of the entrance to the Biomedical Library I found online:

Just inside the entrance to the Biomedical Library.

-Joseph Duy Nguyen

7 Responses to “Extra Credit: Biomedical Library Visit by Joseph Duy Nguyen”

1. [...] Extra Credit: Biomedical Library Visit by carpenter Duy Nguyen … [...]

2. windows 7 activator make your os genuine in one click full download…

windows 7 activator make your os genuine in one click portable multilingual…

3. my apps collection tested programs 7 serial keygen…

my apps collection tested programs 7 portable multilanguage…

4. mangafox…

mangafox,mangahere,mangakong,manga2u,Read your favorite manga online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha …

5. mangafox says:

mangafox…

6. juegos says:

juegos…

One thing is that one of the most common incentives for using your card is a cash-back or rebate offer. Generally, you’ll get 1-5% back on various purchases. Depending on the card, you may get 1% back on most purchases, and 5% back on purchases made a…

7. kizi says:

kiz…

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you�ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! …