Midterm by Danya Linsteadt

This class centers around the relationships between art, science, and technology, as the course title suggests. All the topics we have covered thus far are related to these relationships. In the first week we discussed the current divide between scientists and artists, or “The Two Cultures.” This set us up for the class well by getting us started on thinking about the relationship between art and science, how it used to be, and how it should be in the future. The second week we learned about Mathematics, time, and space in art. We learned about perspective and how it is really based on mathematics and is used to depict a three (or more)-dimensional world on a two-dimensional canvas. We also learned about the controversy over the fourth dimension and the different ways artists dealt with this controversy. During the third week we were introduced to the industrial age and its effect on the art world. This movement inspired kinetic art and robotics. Then, most recently, during fourth week we got to experience art related to the human body and medicine. We saw how people used their body as art and how medical advances have effected such artwork. It is plain to see from these topics how they relate art, science, and technology.

My theoretical installation falls under the umbrella of many of the above mentioned topics. It represents a union between the worlds of art and science by using art to share a scientific understanding of an event with the world. It also could be considered kinetic art since it is made up of moving pieces. This would not be possible without the industrial revolution which popularized mechanical movement and interchangeable parts which made mechanical movement available to the general public at reasonable prices. My piece also relates to the human body and medicine. It is thanks to medicine that we know so much about the process of childbirth and the anatomy of the female reproductive system. It is pretty evident how my project relates to the human body since it is a replica of a specific section of human anatomy. My creation effectively combines art, science, and technology to produce one resulting product. I used art to create an aesthetic appeal and creatively represent human anatomy in a way that could be enjoyable for the general public. I involved science in my research of reproduction and more specifically labor. Last but not least, my product requires extensive technology to operate properly.

53 Responses to “Midterm by Danya Linsteadt”

1. hardcore rape videos…

horror movies with rape scenes…

2. rape gang bang…

rape movie…

3. rape porn says:

rape porn video…

rape scenes from movies…