Week 7, my experience at the nanosystems seminar, and other bloggings by thomas yeung

My experience at the NanoSystems Seminar series

Having slept way less than eight hours and took only a brief nap before my last discussion class, I was a little worn out. I was also a little nervous. This was my second time attending one of these seminars. The last seminar was full of graduate students, professors and people who appeared extremely serious and knowledgeable. Being a student who sat in just to observe a seminar, I was out of place. I feared being out of place again.

I was early to this seminar. I sat at the back row. At one point I got up and asked a guy holding a folder if the slides can be found on the internet. He told me it can be found on the internet. There was a man standing not far from my right who was preparing to film the lecture. A woman/girl with long black hair walked in and sat two seats in front of me. She blocked my sight so I scooted over to the seat on my right.

The man who was lecturing wore a black suit. Sometime after the lecture began, a larger man sat to my left. He looked middle-aged and was holding a couple of pieces of paper. I still had my notepad out. I was planning to take down notes but eventually closed the cover and held it on my lap.

He began the lecture about this eyeball-look-alike nano particle. There was a core and surrounding the core is a sphere. This “thing” had ‘x’, ‘y’ and ‘z’ variables printed to the right. One of the slides showed risk as a function of hazard and exposure. He talked about reducing hazard which would definitely reduce risk. I lost interest in his lecture when he began digging deep into a cheaper method of manufacturing nano gold particles. I left when he showed us the chemical equation.

For the remainder of this blog, I will be blogging about memory puzzles. Sources over the internet claim that there are memory puzzle games that can improve your memory. One of those games is the popular memory matching game. This game can be found in Super Mario All Stars.

Above picture is taken after entering the game and your character is on the map. The mushrooms inside the red box is where your character has to go to play the memory matching game.

Brain age. This game is believed to improve brain functions and one of those functions is memory.

Ever imagined how it is like to live a life with amnesiac, well just watch the movie “50 first dates”. Adam sandlar plays as the character who has to remind his beloved everyday of everything she has forgotten.  Drew barrymore plays as the amnesiac character who lost her memory due to an unfortunate accident. Everyday she wakes up to the video adam made for her.

6 Responses to “Week 7, my experience at the nanosystems seminar, and other bloggings by thomas yeung”

1. ebay sniper says:

ebay sniper…

I found your site on yahoo while searching for this very topic! Do you mind if I take a photo from this blog?…

2. On the internet Marketing Article…

[...]The information and facts mentioned inside the article are some of the perfect offered [...]……

3. Online Article……

[...] ….. [...]……

4. Online Article……

[...] ….. [...]……

5. Find more there:…

[...]you make blogging glance[...]…

6. mangafox says:

mangafox…

mangafox,mangahere,mangakong,manga2u,Read your favorite manga online! Hundreds of high-quality free manga for you, with a list being updated daily. Naruto manga, Bleach manga, One Piece manga, Air Gear manga, Claymore manga, Fairy Tail manga, Inuyasha …