Author Archive

Flip Book–Eaten’ Alive

Monday, March 17th, 2008

The Darwin effectDownload Title

Research #2

Monday, March 17th, 2008

I chose this video as my second example of motion because  i love the way the compositions are set up, as well as the use of Polaroid film.

72andSunny, Los Angeles–”Zune”

Monday, March 17th, 2008

This video I chose because it reminds me of a modern Brazilian artist who I like right now. The scene has a strange and intriguing style to it. It looks as though it combines live action with stop motion and animation.

My inspiration

Friday, March 14th, 2008

This video I chose because of the way the forms and sound seem to unite seamlessly. It's interesting how the forms almost look like sound waves as they move. 

The Case of the Mischievous Fish

Friday, March 14th, 2008

In this stop motion assignment, I wanted to depict the story of a little creature who causes mischief around my house. Going for a raw, edgy feel, I used green lights, an echo effect, and 8 mm film exposure to depict the sequence. Download Title

Man vs. Nature

Friday, March 14th, 2008

Download TitleIn this graphic animation, I wanted to depict the constant struggle between man and nature. A silhouette of images is juxtaposed against a steaming video of wildlife. 

Retour a Vega

Friday, March 14th, 2008

For this assignment, I wanted to create an animation that told a story. I took a scene from a music video, and spliced it with scenes of my own. The story follows a woman who’s remembering a past love.Download Title

Wolf Metamorphosis

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008

For this assignment, I wanted to use raw animation to reveal a unique transformation.Download Title

FullTank VID

Wednesday, January 30th, 2008

This video I chose because it showed unique movement, and had interesting subject matter. It reminds me of one of my favorite music video’s by the Gorillaz, called “Feel Good, inc.”